The United States Sport Silat Association is committed to supporting medically safe and fair competition and fully supports the position of the International Olympic Committee and World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) against the use of banned substances and methods. While the USSSA is not a signatory to the World Anti-Doping Code, USSSA recognizes the importance of clean competition, and has taken a proactive stance in implementing an anti-doping program on behalf of clean athletes and the integrity of our sport.
The USSSA anti-drug policy aims to:
- Promote Pencak Silat As A Drug-Free Sport;
- Uphold And Preserve The Ethics Of Sport;
- Ensure That All Athletes Have An Opportunity To Compete Equally;
- Safeguard The Physical Health And Mental Health Of Athletes;
- Encourage Affiliate Federations To Execute Similar Regulations With Their Athletes.
What Constitutes Doping?
Doping is when competitors take prohibited substances or use prohibited methods to improve performance in competition.
What substances are banned? What is considered a PED?
The World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) regularly updates its list of prohibited items.
What is the USSSA testing policy?
Testing may occur at USSSA sanctioned events via an independent, third-party organization . Athletes testing positive will not be allowed to participate and will be banned from future competition for up to a year.