Full contact matches utilizing the intent, footwork and motion of pencak silat. Bouts following the PPSF ruleset, allow for kicks and strikes, submissions and throws.
- Standard MMA gloves
Rules of Engagement
- Motion must employ silat kaedah (intent, awareness) and langkah (footwork).
- Punches and kicks allowed on any part of body except:
- No open hand slaps on the ear
- No punches to the throat
- No kicks and punches to the groin
- No poke on any whole to the body and eyes
- No kicks to the knee from front or side; knee can be kicked from behind.
- No hook sweeps
- No small joint breaking techniques on the fingers and toes
- No elbows on the ground
- No knee to the head when opponent is on the ground
- No biting
- No throwing opponent head first into the ground
- No head butting
- No use of the chin press while on the ground
- No clawing/scratching
- No hair pulling
- After a throw, any kind of locking techniques can be applied until stopped by referee
- When opponent is on the ground, a maximum of 4 punches is allowed or until stopped by referee
- No trash talking/insulting one’s opponent
- No use of any kind of oil to make the body slippery . (Save that for the Turks)